A Critical Shortage
by Don Pedal

I was listening to my music the other day and something caught my attention. There is something that there is too little of in our society. I think of that as a shortage. What! What could that be in a society as abundantly blessed as ours? What I heard kept bothering me. Questions kept coming into my mind and I decided to do something about it.   One dictionary defines critical as a crisis or turning point. What, in our affluent secular society, could we be short of? The answer came next in the song and it was Love. What do we mean by Love? Is there more than one kind of love? How many kinds could there be? We can start out with loving God; we have our spouse, children, parents, brothers and sisters as well as our brothers and sisters in our church etc. I see love all around me. Our biggest churches are filled with people worshiping God. It might surprise you to know that many of us are worshiping false idols. You are probably thinking, what does he mean by that. How about the pleasure palaces of our nation, filled with people vigorously pursuing careers that lead to a famous life, never once thinking of an eternal life. And then there are politicians, businessmen, and even church leaders and pastors who are failing to serve our Lord in the way that pleases Him. The question now is, what kind of love is God looking for and will bless? How would you define a church that truly worships God in the manner that pleases Him? God is looking for people who believe in Him and are willing to commit their lives to Him whether they understand what is happening or not. They are willing to devote their lives to Him and serve Him with full confidence in His love and care for them always remembering the sacrifice He made, on the cross, for everyone of us. His blood, shed on that cross, paid for our sins in full, enabling Him to offer us the free gift of eternal life, if we are willing to accept it and commit ourselves to His love and care. The key word here is commit. The dictionary defines commit as to devote oneself unreservedly to a cause or person. As we look at the world around us, we see all levels and forms of commitment. We see people scurrying about trying to satisfy all the obligations of the secular world they live in. We see faces worn with worry, dull, listless, and just tired of it all. Some of them look for answers from a world that is not capable of satisfying their needs. It is especially painful if these people are part of our social circle or our families. Their lack of commitment can affect those around them who look to them for guidance and leadership. Children especially are affected. They are our future leaders who will become pastors, elders, teachers, congressmen and military leaders.   The Question now is; what can we do about it? We really have three choices. We can do it, we can decide not to do it; or we can think about it. All three choices have an impact on our lives whether we believe it or not. The choice we pick will not only affect our life here and now but forever after. Your life can be rich and satisfying spiritually, leading to eternal life with God or leading to spiritual misery, damnation and eternal separation from our Creator.                           What is your choice? Act now while you still have a choice! Tomorrow may be too late.

                                                                      



As a senior citizen, I am dedicated to serving the Lord through sharing my experiences and insights with other believers. My primary focus is upon being an disciple of Jesus and, in being one, I can help others to find their spiritual way also. 
This article is original and not copywrited

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print