Rawhide and the Righteous
by PamFord Davis

‘Rawhide’ Trivia:

Who sang the ‘Rawhide’ TV theme?
(Answer: Frankie Laine)

What does Clint Eastwood (Rowdy Yates) have in common with a former US President (Answer: His name. Eastwood's full name is Clinton Eastwood, Jr.)

What was unusual about Sheb Wooley, who played in the role of scout Pete Nolan?
(Answer: He had a hit record with the novelty song ‘The Purple People Eater’ in 1958)

Who was trail boss?
(Answer: Eric Fleming starred as Gil Favor. Sadly, Eric Fleming died at the age of 41 by accidental drowning. He was on location filming for a movie in Peru.)

I find the name of ‘Favor’ interesting.

Though respected by the trail drivers they did not always like his instructions. Favor needed the 'LORD’s favor.' He sought fresh water and grass for the cattle, good weather and traveling safety for his men. He could not control their circumstances; God had the final word.

“But let all who take refuge in You rejoice;
let them shout for joy forever.
May You shelter them,
and may those who love Your name boast about You.
For You, Lord, bless the righteous one;
You surround him with favor like a shield (Psalm 5:11-12 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print