Working Together
by Gwenyth Frear

     I was standing in our boat the other day with a fishing rod in my hand waiting for a fish to bite. The sea was calm, but there was a slight rhythmic movement just the same. I was conscious of the muscles in the back of my leg tightening and loosening with the movement, and the toes on my bare feet moving in turn to help keep my balance. Even the little toe took its turn at helping to keep the balance perfect. There was no arguing as to which muscle should work, all worked together in unison as needed.

     I couldn’t help thinking this is how things should be in a family or in any group, but most of all in church life. Every single person has his or her talent or gift to be used in the service of God; in fact the Apostle Paul uses the analogy of the human body working together for the betterment of the whole. “If everyone was an eye”, he wrote, “where would the hearing be?  If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now has God set the members every one of them in the body, as it has pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but  one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of you: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary”  (1 Corinthians 12: 14-22).

So the next time you may have an envious thought of another person’s gift or talent, remember you are how God made you, and you are to use what you have or you may lose even that one!



No copyright.
Website....biblestudiesindepth.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print