It Pours
by PamFord Davis

I can vividly remember many radio and television commercials from the 1950’s & 60’s; others are only a dim memory. With my mind’s eye, I see that adorable Morton’s Salt girl. When it rains… You got it; it pours!

Our area has had a great deal of rain in the last several months. In contrast, we pray for missionary friends that are serving in drought ridden Cape Town, South Africa. They recently praised God for unexpected rain showers.

“Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit (James 5:17-18 NKJV).”

Note the description of the Prophet Elijah, ‘a nature like ours.’

Elijah prayed.

We can pray.

He prayed earnestly.

Look back to the closing section of verse 16.

“Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much (James 5:16 NKJV).”

LORD, increase my faith.

“And the apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith.’

So the Lord said, ‘If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you (Luke 17:5-6 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print