I've Got Your Back
by PamFord Davis

The LORD spoke to Joshua.

“This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:8-9 NASB).”

Almighty God spoke to His fearful servant.

This is a serious message; yet, on a lighter side it is reminiscent of a pep talk by a sports coach. The player has read the rules; he knows all the coaches plays. He needs to concentrate on the basics and put the rudimentary rules into action. He can be a real winner out on the field. The coach raises his voice, fires up the player. Use your strength! Don’t worry about the opponents. Giving him a high-five, the coach says ‘I’ve got your back!’

How does the message apply to me, to you?

The Bible is our life manual. It is Holy Spirit inspired and contains everything we need to live the abundant life. It doesn’t guarantee material and financial success. We can find fulfillment in pleasing the LORD, achieve success in spiritual maturity.

God speaks strength and encouragement into my spirit, telling me not to be worried or distressed. Lastly, He gives me the source of confidence.

He is with me; He is with you.

“… and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20b NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print