A Call For Help That fulfilled Of A Mother's Prophesy
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Truly, O God of Israel, our Savior, you work in mysterious ways." Isaiah 45:15 NLT

If you were a person of great power and could take action on your own authority to make a real difference in world history, would you take that action? U.S. President Richard Nixon did so in 1973 without a moment's hesitation.

When Nixon was a child growing up, his mother spoke her own prophesy to him that there would come a time in his God's chosen people. It made a lasting impression on Nixon and what she had said was running through his mind on the morning of October 8, 1973 when then U.S. President Nixon took a 3 a.m. phone call on the "Hotline" from Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir. The Yom Kippur War was in it's second day and Israel's 750 soldiers was likely to be overrun on two fronts by 80,000 invading Egyptian soldiers and 1400 Syrian tanks.

Nixon immediately bypassed U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger [who tried to stop the rescue mission because of fears of offending Russia] and personally ordered the military to airlift the needed tanks, weapons, aircraft and supplies to Israel. Saying “We are going to get blamed just as much for three planes as for three hundred,” President Nixon's orders became "Operation Nickel Grass" : flying 567 missions to deliver 22,000 tons of equipment to Israel by air and another 90,000 tons by sea. This was America's largest airlift ever at that time.**

It is clear that the military airlift that Nixon had ordered and forced things to make it happen had given Israel what it needed to save itself and live, just as his mother had told her him that he would do some day to help the people of God, the Jews.

"For generations to come, all will be told of the miracle of the immense planes from the United States bringing in the material that meant life to our people." ..Golda Meir

*ChristianBlog.Com - "God Uses US Presidents For His Purpose: Israel-Golda Meir and Nixon" By Dorothy von Lehe - Aug 22 2011

**70News - 1973 Yom Kippur War: How God Used Pres. Nixon's Mother To Save Israel From Destruction.. - 10/13/2016



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print