Look to Results to Determine Your Spiritual Gift
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of the varied grace of God." 1 Peter 4:10 NET

Do you ever give thought to what happens when you flip the light switch to turn on the ceiling light or the lamp on your nightstand? Most of us do not because we take such things for granted and are only surprised when the light fails to turn on.. In fact, we have walked from the light switch to our bedside so many times that we find it in the dark and turn it on. Finding a true calling is a lot like that too. Knowing by how well things work through it to produce the best results.

When the topic of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit comes up in most circles, all to quickly most people claim to have one and that it is this one or that one, whichever seems to best fit their personalities. Like that light switch that has a single function that it performs the best, we should easily be able to decide which of the Gifts of the Spirit we have been given by simply looking at which one of our heartfelt efforts produces the most results.

If you think you have the gift of Hospitality simply because you enjoy serving and talking to people at church luncheons, but if you have been proven over time as a person who quickly gains the confidence and coöperation of others , then Administrations is probably the gift you have been given to best serve the church. Not many like that thought, because they would rather do things that appeal the most to them as opposed to doing the things that they are best at, based on results.

Take a look at yourself and see what it is that you do the best. More than likely it will be the one through which you do things better than most others in your church and the one that produces the most and best results. Oh Yes, if you like to greet and entertain, be all means do so, just keep your main energy in reserve for you true gift. You are going to need it!



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print