Loneliness Study - A U.S. Majority Opinion Now
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17 KJV

A recent national survey by Cigna indicates just how widespread loneliness is among adults 18 and older and has revealed just how far-reaching social media's effect upon our physical and metal health has become in the United States.

The results conclude that slightly less than half of Americans (47%) questioned feel that they do not have any meaningful conversations or even simple quality time with others and that they feel alone or left out of things. Further, 1 in 4 shared that they now feel isolated from others and do not have a worthwhile relationship with anyone, rarely ever feeling close to anyone.*

Not surprisingly, Gen Z (adults ages 18-22) say they are the loneliest generation and that they have the worst health. These are the same folks that support Socialism until they get a better than average paying job. (my comments)

All things considered, social media does not make people lonely. It simply brings out those feelings out in us when we visit personal sites and see just what people want us to see, usually a lifestyle that is beyond the bounds of your own. Without face to face verification of such claims, most of us accept this posted information as being true, and sometimes we envy, and then feel inadequate and then lonely in the sense that we do not measure up to the social media average profile.

If you have grown to prefer social media contact in place of a telephone calls or a face to face discussion, you are much more susceptible to what the effects of what these comparisons via Facebook can do to a person. On the other hand, simply setting your communication preferences aside and rejoining into a meaningful community relationship can set most things straight once more. Studies have shown that we are "creatures of community" and that better mental and physical health are just some of the benefits gained by simply speaking with "one another". Let us do so!

"Did you know that the words "one another" occur in the Bible Book of Acts (which describes the early Christian movement) more than 50 times?"*

*Loneliness: Americas New Epidemic", by Jeff Lampl - Christian Life Center 5/9/18



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print