My Big Sister
by PamFord Davis

Donna smiled and her smile was contagious.  

She remembered birthdays and called her family and friends frequently. On one New Year’s Eve, she called me to say she’d be watching fireworks from her apartment window. It was the last time I heard her voice…

Donna found pleasure in the simple things… fresh brewed coffee in the morning and iced tea from Mason jars during the afternoon. She enjoyed fishing in the summer. When invited, Donna went along for ice fishing at Oneida Lake during the winter.

I believe she’d be happy to know her memory triggered my smiles.

Donna Lee Ford Davis would have celebrated her 76th birthday today.

Remembering the occasion, I recalled my family visiting with Donna and her children when they lived in Edinboro, Pennsylvania.

It was summertime and America was watching the sky for falling debris from Skylab.

My husband Norm went out into her backyard to take home movies. If my memory serves me, Donna was the leading lady in his silent movie. She looked above with a smile on her face and pointed her prop towards the 8 mm camera. You ask what she used for a prop.

I’m glad you asked. It was a bathroom plunger!

Yes, I smile when I remember Donna. She’ll forever be my big sister.

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you (Philippians 1:3 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print