Among the Multitudes
by PamFord Davis

Remembering the fallen…

“Then David said to him, ‘From where do you come?’ And he said to him, ‘I have escaped from the camp of Israel.’ David said to him, ‘How did things go? Please tell me.’ And he said, ‘The people have fled from the battle, and also many of the people have fallen and are dead; and Saul and Jonathan his son are dead also (2 Samuel 1:3-4 NASB).”

Many had fallen.

King Saul and his son Jonathan died on the battle field.

“Then David took hold of his clothes and tore them, and so also did all the men who were with him. They mourned and wept and fasted until evening for Saul and his son Jonathan and for the people of the Lord and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword (2 Samuel 1:11-12 NASB).”

You may be among the multitudes; a member of your immediate family died in battle.

Most of us have lost friends.

As a Baby boomer, I lost high school friends. Just boys at the time, they died in the Vietnam War.

Join me, as I honor the memory of the fallen.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print