AWAKENING
by Lupie Riley

Freelance writer Lupie Riley AWAKENING

Thought: Spring is one of my favorite season's of the year. Nature is coming out of it's cold, dark, slumber and a resurrection of life has begin. Tree's leaf out, flowers bloom and the smell of new life is in the air. An awakening is taking place.


Is this what Christians need today to come out of their passive, comfortable life and take a good hard look at reality? The recent school shooting should be a catalyst for parents to take notice as to what their children are involved in. Violent video games, ADHD medication and Harry Potter books have all played a key part in the suttle indoctrination into the occult and violent behavior of our youth. JK Rowlings, author of the Potter books wrote 7 large volumes that netted her $650 million. Parents worldwide were oblivious to the harm they caused by allowing their children to devour book after book as they sat quietly reading a "harmless" fiction. These Potter books accomplished their goal to lead our children away from Christian morals and biblical teaching through numerous references to the occult. Pope Benedict XVI hit the nail on the head calling these books a "subtle seduction capable of corrupting young Christians." Scholastic, a global publishing, education and media company is one of the largest advocates for the Harry Potter series. Without monitoring or boundries set on video games for our youth this also contributes to the desensitizing of their minds to violence and blood. This spiritual and moral decay is played out everyday on the news. Toss in medication for ADHD and you have a volatile and mental potion for thousands of children worldwide.


It's time for an awakening of Christians to let their voices be hear. They need to come out of their slumber and indifference having been lulled to sleep by the good life. Make a pact with the Devil and he will fulfill your every wish for wealth, fame and power. That is what many in the music and film industry, arts and business have done. We need a Holy Spirit revival in this nation if it is to survive the on-slot of Evil. Perhaps Franklin Graham can get back on the road with his evangelical message of repentance and renewed faith in Jesus to see a moral change in America's people. Let's make America great again by putting God back in our lives.

Prayer: Father God, send that Holy Spirit revival on America so that lives can be changed and dedicated to serving you and you alone. You deserve the glory and worship for who you are and what you've done out of a heart of love for mankind. Amen


Verse: Eph. 5:14-17 "Awake, O sleeper and rise up from the dead; and Christ shall give you light. So be careful how you act; these days are difficult days. Don't be fools; be wise; make the most of every opportunity you have for doing good. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to find out and do whatever the Lord wants you to. Don't drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that path; be filled instead with the Holy Spirit and controlled by him."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print