Prove Yourself
by PamFord Davis

The drama pulls at the heart strings of all involved.

Knowing death is imminent, a father faces reality. The physician calls the family in and the dying man motions to his son. Come closer...

Still in charge of his faculties, he speaks words of challenge.

'You are now the man of the house.’

Following the father’s demise, the adolescent takes on adult responsibilities. He becomes a man, the head of the house.

That is a big responsibility for any young man; it was humongous for Solomon.

Imagine his trepidation. How could he possibly fill the shoes of his father, King David?

“Now the days of David drew near that he should die, and he charged Solomon his son, saying: ‘I go the way of all the earth; *be strong, therefore, and prove yourself a man. And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn (1 Kings 2:1-3 NKJV).” 

Wherever you turn…  (Emphasis mine) *“be strong, therefore, and prove yourself a man.”

Solomon, the man of the house…

“Then Solomon sat on the throne of his father David; and his kingdom was firmly established (1 Kings 2:12 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print