Work Ethic
by PamFord Davis

For son Lee, the work ethic began early.

We owned a FM station in Devine, Texas when he was in his freshman year of high school. Lee and his older sister April both worked part time at the radio station.

He hadn’t experienced his adolescent growth spurt, yet. Visitors to the station were surprised to see a pint-sized boy there running things alone. Radio was the first of many work ethic experiences.

Lee is now approaching the half-century mark. He has men working under him in the automotive shop of a successful tire business. It comes of no surprise to hear him comment on the lack of work ethic in men of today.

“Even a child is known by his deeds,
Whether what he does is pure and right (Proverbs 20:11 NKJV).”

Can work ethic traits be hereditary?

I have no statistics to back up the claim but Lee’s Grandmother and his Dad both work the ‘can-to-can’t’ shift.

Hereditary? Could be…

We’re proud of Lee’s son, Ashley. He worked behind pizza counters into delivery and shift manager. Next, Ashley landed a job as clerk in a well known drug store chain. There, he also worked his way up to a shift manager. Now, he is in a Florida university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Simulation & Visualization. Ashley is sure to master the studies.

The Master designer-Creator ordained work. It began in a garden…

“Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it (Genesis 2:15 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print