Cutting Words
by PamFord Davis

‘That hurt my feelings’ …

I believe that as adults we frequently keep those hurts to ourselves. Children do too.

Verbal abuse = cutting words.

“There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise promotes health (Proverbs 12:18 NKJV).”

When we lash out in anger, sarcasm or ridicule our words cut deep.

That hurts people’s feelings. It may leave lifelong scars.

Bullying makes the news. It is wrong but it is not new.

Refresh your memory about the details of Jesus arrest, trial and crucifixion. Man’s inhumanity (cruelty) to man was demonstrated by onlookers, religious leaders and soldiers.

“Then Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.’ And they divided His garments and cast lots. And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered saying, ‘He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.’ The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering him sour wine, and saying, ‘If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself (Luke 23:34-37 NKJV).”

Jesus, in His deity, could have saved Himself.

Yet, as God the Son, He died to ‘save us.’



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print