A CHOICE WITH DOUBLE EFFECTS
by Olawale Ogunsola

22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labour, yet

What I shall choose I cannot tell.” Philippians 1

23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better”   Philippians 1

      The above quoted verses are the words of Apostle Paul. A state of halting between two opinions is not peculiar to him. It is the plight of every man. A choice is made many times a day. Each decision making is a hard task that should be undertaken. To define life as a place filled with choices is not an exaggeration.

     One thing about making a choice is the fact that each choice has effects; many times, the effects are in multiples.

     For instance, making a choice about who to spend the rest of your life with is with many effects. If you are a man, you must choose a lady amongst so many you meet daily, always or once in a while.

     In the same vein, as a young lady you must make a choice among those young men who meet you in a way or the other, most especially those who seek your hand in marriage. In some cultures, a woman can woo a man in whom she has interest to be her husband.

      Choosing who to marry has multiple effects but let us consider only two of them.

  1. Your choice of a partner has a strong role to play in your future happiness or sadness. The words of Prophet Moses to the people of God, Israel, go thus,

I call heaven and earth as witness today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.”   Deuteronomy 30:19.

     Do you know that marriage partnership can herald any of the two opposites in a person’s life? Choice of a wrong marriage partner can cause your early death while a choice of the right fellow can be a factor in your living a long and happy life. The same choice can be a blessing in every sense of the word or a curse as the case may be.

     A Choice!

     That is the reason you must NOT rush into marriage so that you will not rush out with multiple wounds. There is no way you will rush into marriage and not suffer wounds before you rush out. After nursing the wounds until well healed, the scar will remain indelible forever. Do you want this? Therefore, go into it with the lone Match Maker (God) leading you all the way.

  1. The second effect is contained in the latter part of Deut. 30:19 that reads, “...that both you and your descendants may live.”

     This spells it out that as your choice has effect on you, it has on your children after you. If you unluckily got married to an unrepentant wicked man/woman, the tendency is that your children will have a wicked man/woman as father/mother. However, if you have a righteous man/woman as husband/wife, your children will a caring, loving and an understanding father/mother they can be proud of.

    Are you a single person looking for a life partner? Do so with the help of the only Match Maker, that is God. Do not expect a perfect person as your would-be life journey-mate, but watch for a right one. The coming together of the two of you will be a perfect match. You can make up for his/her weakness and vice versa.

    Note this phrase, “The happiest woman is not the one who married the best man but makes the best out of the one she married.”

     Have you been attached to someone but joy and peace are elusive? Jesus Christ is one who can turn your situation around for the best. Attach yourself to Him. Surrender your life to Him. Invite Him to be the Lord and Saviour of your soul forever. He knows what to do and ready to do it in His own way and time.

     Doing so is a positive choice that will affect your life and those of your children, now and in the future. Do not run your life with your own human wisdom, be filled with Holy Spirit also known as the Spirit of Christ and He will direct you into taking right steps. Henceforth, your choices will start to affect you and your children positively.

Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Remember to read your Holy Bible daily.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print