UNTAPPED TREASURES
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley
Thought: How many of us have fantasized about winning the lottery or discovering a treasure that would make us immensely wealthy? Deep inside most people dream of living the high life and many make that their life-long persute. There is a treasure that has no monetary value to it and is totally free. It's the untapped treasure of wisdom and knowledge found only through a personal relationship with Christ.


Years ago a friend of mine shared a dream she had of an unidentified person handing her a treasure chest. She didn't understand what the meaning of this dream could be for her. I was able to share God's word from Colossians that says God's wisdom and knowledge is like that treasure chest that is available to everyone.


There is a difference between wisdom and knowledge however, and the dictionary defines that difference. "Wisdom" is the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting. "Knowledge"is information gained through experience, reasoning or acquaintance. Knowledge can exist without wisdom but it can't be the other way around. Knowledge understands the light is red, wisdom applies the brakes. Knowledge memorizes the Ten Commandments: wisdom obeys them. Knowledge learns of God; wisdom loves him. These are two important life applications we should continually exercise every day and our Creator Father is more then willing to give them to us if only we ask him to. Wisdom is a gift from God, James 1:5; "if any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." Jesus offers you untapped treasures of wisdom and knowledge that's found only in him.
I love this quote from an unknown author; "I know God has a plan. I pray for direction to follow it, the patience to wait on it and the knowledge to know when it comes."


Prayer: Father God, you told me that in Jesus lay all the untapped treasures of wisdom and knowledge and we can have them just for the asking. Thank you for this free gift for all who partake of it. Amen


Verse: Prov. 9:10 "For the reverence and fear of God are basic to all wisdom. Knowing God results in every other kind of understanding."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print