Optimal Reception
by Toni Babcock

The prophet Isaiah addresses the paradox of human frailty grown among God’s mightiness when he wrote, “The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God shall stand forever.” (Isaiah 40:7 KJV)

We are the soon to fade flowers, but the word of God reveals the hope of His saving power. It speaks of Jesus, the Son of God and his sacrifice for our sins. It speaks of life through the saving knowledge of Him.

The word of the LORD brings each one of us to a point of optimal reception – a time of “blossoming” when we are most responsive to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a time when our spiritual senses are most able to discern the light of truth, and open to receive the living water; a time when we are most ready to receive the Spirit of God’s Son. To wait and put off the blessing of a saving relationship with Jesus Christ can be inestimably dangerous.

It is not God who changes when the flower begins to fade and the grass withers; when the heart grows cold, and we no longer absorb the life-giving truth; when the root dries up, and the ground gets hard. It is not God who changes, it is us. The word of our God remains the same and stands forever. Take great confidence in the word of the LORD. Rev. Andrew Murray put it this way; “God’s words are creative deeds – they give what they speak.” Would you receive what God is willing to give? If so, reach out and receive Christ. Allow the word of the living God to change you today.

Copyright 2018



Copyright 2022. Toni Babcock is author of Reflections from the Heart in Light of the Gospel of Jesus, and The Stone Writer, Christian Fiction for Young Readers and Teens. Many of her devotionals have been featured on www.faithwriters.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print