PILLAR OF SALT
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley
Thought: Trivia; Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt? Was it because she dared to look back and yearn for what she was leaving? Once again with recent fires in the area, folks had to evacuate with only the clothes on their backs as the fires closed in on them. If we were given this choice would we look back at what we were leaving behind like Lot's wife?


Paul said in Philippians 3 "But all these things that I once thought very worthwhile--now I've thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." If the rapture happened next week and believers are taken out of this world would we be left behind still connected to worldly things? It's an important question to ask ourselves as prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes and the time of the rapture is drawing near. Is Christ our main focus and are we looking forward to that meeting in the air? The rapture is a fact because God said it would happen and God cannot lie. We should be looking forward to heaven instead of backwards to the world. I'm sure we won't be turned into a pillar of salt but we will be missing the most incredible event in history. Most definitely it will change the course the world is taking and allow the New World Order to be put into place with the beginning of 7 years of tribulation.


Read the end time events in Revelations and you will know for certain you want to be one of those who meet the Lord in the air.


Prayer: Father God, I want to be one of those who will meet you face to face to live an eternity in my real home in Heaven with my loved ones who have passed on. What an awesome time that will be and it will last forever. As I put my trust and hope in Christ alone I know this will someday soon be a reality for me. Amen


Verse: I John 2:15-17 "Stop loving this evil world and all that it offers you, for when you love these things you show that you do not really love God; for all these worldly things, these evil desires-the craze for sex, the ambition to buy everything that appeals to you, and the pride that comes from wealth and importance--these are not from God. They are from this evil world itself. And this world is fading away, and these evil, forbidden things will go with it, but whosoever keeps doing the will of God will live forever."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print