The British Invasion
by PamFord Davis

I’m a survivor of the British invasion.

It’s true; I remember when Beatle’s music crossed the ‘big pond.’

Interestingly, my first inkling of the new sound did not come over the radio. Dad kept up with the news and had learned about the popularity of the Fab Four from Liverpool, England. He said they sang as well as played rock group instruments.

We laughed it off.

The ‘Ventures’ and 'Surfaris' sound was what we identified with and they did not sing. Dad got the last laugh. The Beatles rocketed to world-wide fame. They prepared the way for a multitude of British bands and soloists. John, Paul, George and Ringo led in the British invasion. No, they did not invade our shores in a ship; in 1964 they flew in on a Boeing 707.

Speaking of ships, do you remember Diane Renay’s ‘Navy Blue’ hit record? (I’ll try to tie this together.)

1260 WNDR, Syracuse sponsored the Beatle’s ‘Hard Day’s Night’ movie at an area Drive In Theater. With a little coaxing, Dad agreed to take us in the family station wagon; wiggle room only. We packed the car with family and friends. Diane Renay was an opening act and she provides an opening to a scripture passage.

The fleet is in…

“King Solomon put together a fleet of ships at Ezion-geber, which is near Eloth on the shore of the Red Sea in the land of Edom. With the fleet, Hiram sent his servants, experienced seamen, along with Solomon’s servants (1 Kings 9:26-27 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print