Milk and Meditation
by PamFord Davis

Newborn babies are totally dependent on their caregivers.

I have a strong affection for newborns and thank God for allowing me to be a mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Speaking from experience, I have witnessed the newborn’s desire for milk.

They make their need for milk known to all around them. Babies wiggle, squirm, whimper and cry. God placed the innate desire for milk within babes. Newborns grow in weight and stature as they intake sufficient milk.

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby. If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious (1 Peter 2:2-3 KJV).”

Apostle Peter used the analogy of milk as life giving scripture.

As an adult, I don’t crave cow’s milk but I do want many things. I make my desires and needs known to my husband and to my heavenly Father. Like a newborn, I’m not always patient. Fortunately, I have an understanding husband and all knowing Father. As important as these personal desires are, they pale in significance to my spiritual needs.

I need the life giving nourishment found in the milk of God’s holy word.

The Bible spurs spiritual growth; I will mature through reading, study and meditation of the written word.

I seek an increased desire for God’s word. I have tasted of His grace and long to know Him better; to grow in the power of His resurrection.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print