IMMORTALITY
by Lupie Riley

Freelance writer Lupie Riley
Thought: Mankind for decades have been on a quest to find the right formula for immortality. Biological engineering, brain transplants, elixirs, fountain of youth, you name it have been tried and failed at every attempt to live forever. Our worldly philosophies and experiments offer no hope in an after life. Evolution is a dead end as well as Science and technology as they offer no hope after death. However, none of these intellectual geniuses have ever searched the biblical definition of immortality. Every human possesses a spirit that is already immortal. It will live forever even after the outer shell (the flesh) ceases to exist. That spirit, the real you, has only two places to call home...heaven or hell. Preachers today are not eager to mention the opposite of heaven. Most pastors peddle a social gospel that pleases the crowds and makes them very, very rich.
These wordly philosophies and those who promote them are causing allot of grief for souls that are searching for answers to life; it's reason for being and purpose for living. Recently we heard of another teen that took his life through suicide. Could the lack of hope be the cause of so many of our youth taking their own lives? Have their parents given them the hope of eternal life that is found in Jesus alone or are they left with the philosophies of the world that end in despair? We need to give them hope in a wonderful eternal life and a promise of a heavenly home that Jesus has prepared for all those who belong to him. He will give them a life that will go on forever with a purpose and direction for their earthly life. Our Father God said that he has given us a plan since the time we were born. We need to discover that plan and encourage our youth to seek after God's plan for them and not look to the world for their answers. No matter what their going through they will always have a firm foundation to fall back on with Christ as their strength, counselor, comfort and hope for a better life to come. Jesus will give them a reason to live and a purpose for living no matter what the circumstance.
Prayer: Father God, my heart grieves for those youth who have no hope in their life. Help them to find you as their source of wisdom and direction, strength and purpose for living.
Verse: Rom. 1:17 " This Good News tells us that God makes us ready for heaven--makes us right in God's sight--when we put our faith and trust in Christ to save us. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scripture says it, "The man who finds life will find it through trusting God."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print