The Caregivers
by PamFord Davis

As we age, we begin to fear health problems. All want to live long lives but we do not want to be a burden to others. We want to be independent. It’s difficult to admit that we may need others to take care of us.

My heart breaks for those afflicted with dementia and for their compassionate care givers.

The numbers are skyrocketing. Is your family experiencing this health crisis? If not, you likely know of the ailment in families of friends or acquaintances. It is no respecter of persons and touches rich and poor alike.

“Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2 KJV).”

Many of the seriously afflicted need professional care; their families face difficult decisions. After much soul searching, they place a mother, father, wife or husband in a facility properly equipped to meet their individual needs.

Yet, there are those who are enabled by God to step in as full time caregivers to their family members at home. In recent months, I have been moved by the dedication of such special people. They are God’s hands to those in dire need.

Caring for the sick, they are caring for the Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me (Matthew 25:40 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print