Silly Superstitions
by PamFord Davis

Do you know what day it is?

It’s Friday, the 13th.

I couldn’t care less; I’m not superstitious.

13 is a number on the calendar, nothing more.

I don’t knock on wood, hang a horseshoe over our door or carry a rabbit’s foot. I do not cross my fingers for good luck.

Don’t be deceived.

“See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority (Colossians 2:8-10 NASB).”

I’m not a helpless victim of fate. I have placed my faith and confidence in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I need not fear if a black cat crosses my Friday, the 13th path.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print