Sound of Your Voice
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever wondered how you sound to other people?

Many people find it uncomfortable to hear a playback of their voices on a tape recorder.

Recently, I made conversation in the company of two ladies; one was a stranger to me. Speaking up, she asked me where I was from. I told her that I was from Syracuse, NY. Her reply took me by total surprise.

She said that I sounded like her mother, who was born in Delhi, NY. My Yankee accent had given me away. Coincidental is the fact that I now live only 10 miles away from Delhi, Louisiana.

The distance between the NY State locations of Delhi and Syracuse is a little over 118 miles.

Peter was in close proximity to his Master Jesus; yet, he distanced himself.

He denied his LORD. Peter’s accent was undeniably Galilean. 

“Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard, and a servant-girl came to him and said, ‘You too were with Jesus the Galilean.’ But he denied it before them all, saying, ‘I do not know what you are talking about.’ When he had gone out to the gateway, another servant-girl saw him and said to those who were there, ‘This man was with Jesus of Nazareth.’  And again he denied it with an oath, ‘I do not know the man.’  A little later the bystanders came up and said to Peter, ‘Surely you too are one of them; for even the way you talk gives you away.’ Then he began to curse and swear, ‘I do not know the man!’ And immediately a rooster crowed. And Peter remembered the word which Jesus had said, ‘Before a rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.’ And he went out and wept bitterly (Matthew 26:69-75 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print