Write Queen Writes About Stroke.
by Freda Douglas

WRITE QUEEN DISCUSSES STROKES.
Let me assure you that any articles I write about health or health related problems are not meant to diagnose or in way supplement what you have been told by a professional. These facts, and they are facts, are only meant to increase your knowledge of your body and encourage you to see your doctor if you have symptoms with which you are unfamiliar.

First of all, let's find out what a stroke is.

A stroke occurs when blood vessels in the brain either become clogged or burst. Vital tissue in a given area may die due to the lack of blood supply. The death of brain cells may result in permanent or temporary disabilities, such as paralysis, inability to talk distinctly or at all as well as other problems.

About 80% of all strokes are ischemic strokes which occur when a blood clot blocks the passage of blood to a part of the brain.

Hemorrhagic strokes account for about 20% of all strokes. These occur when a blood vessel leaks in or around the brain.

One third of strokes occur under age 60. About 60% of those who suffer a stroke will be left with some type of permanent disability.

Some of the risk factors for stroke risks are atherosclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking, and obesity.

Now I have given you some research facts. Now I am going to give some facts from personal experience. These facts are not given to impress you nor solicit your pity. Rather these facts are given to show you what can happen to an otherwise healthy female.

In a routine check up I was tested for blocked arteries. Blockages were found in both sides of my carotid artery in the neck. These arteries feed blood to the brain. I followed those findings with a trip to a surgeon, who recommended surgery on both sides. He told me how dangerous the
condition was. I opted for one side at a time.

Following surgery I had excruciating head pain. The surgeon was called. He was on vacation and we were not told there was a surgeon on call. I was taken to my general practitioner, but by the time I arrived was in a coma induced by a stroke.

What caused my stroke? The surgeon did not tie off my brain arteries tight enough and some of the clotted particles from the carotid artery escaped into the brain.

That all happened in 1994, but there is some good to come out of the whole experience. I am confined to a wheelchair during my waking hours, but I am
healthy otherwise. I was left with blurred speech, but it came back. I was unable to type, but I taught myself again. I was forced to retire from a job which I liked better than any job I ever had, but if I not been forced to retire I would have missed seven very short years with my husband before he died.

What did I tell you this? Life is so short. I hope with my warnings and admonitions you will take good care of yourself. Taking care of yourself does not mean running to the doctor every time you have a hangnail. It means being responsible for your life by sensible living, love for your spouse and children, and trust in God.

P.S. I never had the left carotid artery operated on. Do you wonder why?



If you are one who uses natural, pure, whole food supplements to keep your body well and healthy, you should try the only 100% mangosteen juice made from the entire mangosteen fruit on the market. It is marketed by Xango and I am a Xango marketer. I use the juice and you can call 712-432-9162 for an overview and then call 256-796-0651 for how to get started.
____________________________________________



Freda Douglas is a published author. Her first book "Cherish the Past", still available on Amazon.com, was published in 2004. Her second book "Winds of Change" 
is now available at your local book store   by using this ISBN # 978-1-60145-367-9    

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print