Christian Victims of Genocide in Northern Nigeria
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body." Hebrews 13:3 KJV

Back in America's history when the west was young, there was a violent and bloody time of transition from the open range grazing of huge cattle herds over to the barb wire, plow and row crops of the prairie farmers. It was truly an age where water, land and livestock were valued commodities held in higher regard than human life.

Today, a similar occurrence is unfolding in Nigeria where Fulani herdsmen have killed more than 6,000 Christian farmers (government figures 1700) since the first of this year in what the government is calling a "herdsman/farmer clash", while Open Doors USA calls it "Pure Genocide".* Regardless of the politics, the Christians killed have been mostly women and children. There is a great fear that this type of genocide will spread to other areas in a manner that, if left to run it course, could become another Rwanda-like event. (Rwanda - 1994, 1 Million Tutsi killed).

As the country's churches plead for the United Nations to intervene, let us pray for the relief of the Christian farmers and families of northern Nigeria from this situation they endure on their ancestral farmlands.

*Christian Post - "Pure Genocide: Over 6,000 Nigerian Christians Slaughtered" by Stoyan Zaimov, July 3, 2018

Postscript: Today, according to EasyCounter.com, 35% of current Faithwriters.com website traffic originates from Nigeria, so let us pray and write encouragements for them.

 



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print