Buried Treasure
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever used a treasure finder (metal detector)?

My husband has searched for buried treasure. Using his inexpensive metal detector, he never even covered the cost of the purchase.

You can’t blame a guy for trying!

It served as entertainment for our grandsons who were young at the time. He held the treasure finder by his hand; yet, in reality he held the greatest treasures in his heart.

“Don’t collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21 HCSB).”

Where is your treasure; where is mine?

X does not mark the spot; the heart does.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding;
think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths (Proverbs 3:5-6 HCSB).”

Trust leads to great riches and treasures.

“I want their hearts to be encouraged and joined together in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding and have the knowledge of God’s mystery—Christ. All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Him (Colossians 2:1-3 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print