Predictions
by PamFord Davis

There is a vast difference between prophecy and prediction.

Likely you have seen predictions in print at the close of each year. Predictions for the year ahead make newspaper headlines and fill pages of tabloids. Do not be deceived. Though some predictions may come true, the power of Satan (the deceiver) is behind them.

Back in the 1960's, papers carried yearly predictions by psychics Edgar Casey and Jeane Dixon. They had notoriety and loyal followers. Many people have been led astray; into spiritualism and the occult.

In contrast, Jesus spoke about men seeking signs and making predictions of the weather.

“The Pharisees and Sadducees came up, and testing Jesus, they asked Him to show them a sign from heaven.  But He replied to them, ’When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’ And in the morning, ‘There will be a storm today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times? An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah.’ And He left them and went away (Matthew 16:1-4 NASB).”

Prophecy and signs of the times are discerned through study of scripture. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print