That's Good
by PamFord Davis

My husband and I were fans of the Hee Haw country comedy television program. Now, over 40 years since its first airing, it retains popularity through syndication reruns. The programs featured guest star appearances along with a regular cast of country music legends. Archie Campbell was one of the Hee Haw regulars.

Campbell frequently did comedy skit routines. Many revolved around situations described as good or bad. As a barber, Archie would begin spinning a tale. (Viewers of the show would then wait to hear a reaction from Archie Campbell's customer in the chair.) If the story was sad, the customer would comment, 'Oh, that's bad.'

In a turn of events, Archie would reply, 'No, that's good,' and proceed to explain why.

The back woods banter was comical. Yet, on the serious side it revealed that things are not always as they appear to be. The true story of Joseph and his brothers is a prime example. His brothers loathed him. In jealousy and spite, they sold Joseph into slavery. A caravan of traders took him away from his homeland into Egypt. There, he went through times of trial and persecution.

God turned his trials into triumph.

“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive (Genesis 50:20 KJV).”

 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print