Day By Day Our Daily Bread
by Ngozi Nwoke

How far has your anxiety solved any problem for you? Many people keep themselves busy worrying about tomorrow when God wants us to live by the day. The day has enough troubles of its own. This post encourages you to believe God for the day and allow tomorrow to worry about its own things.

Give us day by day our daily bread - Luke 11:3 (NKJV).

Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'... For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble - Matthew 6:31-34 (NKJV).

Many people are so worried about tomorrow that they don't even enjoy today. When today goes, it is gone forever. God wants you to live your life one day at a time. When Jesus taught the disciples how to pray, they were to ask God to give them day by day their daily bread. In Exodus 16, God demonstrated His ability to provide for His people daily. When the people worried about tomorrow by their action, God was not happy with them. The Lord knows that you have need of what to eat, drink and wear. However, He wants you to focus on your service unto Him and for you to believe Him to provide your daily needs. He has never failed, He won't start with you.

Feed and load yourself with God's word and understand Him as the Jehovah Jireh, believe Him to manifest His name in your life and supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Thank the Lord daily for the benefits which He daily loads you with and you will see more of the benefits.

The Almighty is not saying that you shouldn't plan for tomorrow but that you should not worry about it, let tomorrow worry about itself. You are to plan your way but allow the Father to direct or determine your steps. Live by the day and ask from God day by day your daily bread. In summary, you are to live by faith daily.

The Father is more than able to meet your needs. He supplied the Israelites with manna daily for six days in a week for forty years, He never failed once. The sixth day supply was always enough to last for the seventh day. He gave them water in the wilderness out of a rock (Exodus 17). He made the nation that was in great famine to have food in excess overnight (2 Kings 7). Jesus fed five thousand men with only five loaves and two fishes (Luke 9:12-17). There are many examples in the scriptures that show that God is more than able to provide day by day our daily bread, for all things are possible with the Lord if you can believe Him.

In conclusion, learn to trust God to provide your needs on daily basis. Plan your tomorrow but don't worry about it. Choose not to worry but to have faith in the Lord and you will see how sweet and better your life will be. Life without worries is the ultimate!



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print