Lucas, Boy
by PamFord Davis

Recently, I was reading passages from the Book of Micah.

You might recall another Micah, the marshal from the Rifleman TV series. Much older than friend Lucas Mc Cain, he treated him like a son. He repeatedly called him ‘Lucas-boy.’  It was a term of endearment.

The Apostle Paul had a very close relationship with young Timothy. As spiritual mentor, Paul gave him fatherly advice.

“This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance.  In fact, we labor and strive for this, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of everyone, especially of those who believe.

Command and teach these things. Let no one despise your youth; instead, you should be an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. Until I come, give your attention to public reading, exhortation, and teaching. Do not neglect the gift that is in you; it was given to you through prophecy, with the laying on of hands by the council of elders.  Practice these things; be committed to them, so that your progress may be evident to all.  Pay close attention to your life and your teaching; persevere in these things (1 Timothy 4:9-16a HCSB).”

Like Timothy, Christians are on mission for God. By His empowering, we persevere.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print