True Love
by PamFord Davis

Are you single? Sadly, many singles feel lonely and unloved. Perhaps they have never wed; others are widowed or divorced. If feeling unloved, take heart.

You are loved by God.

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8 KJV).”

That ‘is’ true love!

He loves us; in return, we love him. Oh, how much he loves us. No poet can adequately describe his love, his sacrifice or commitment. I cannot explain it or prove it; he confirmed it on Calvary. How do I demonstrate my love for the LORD?  The answer is profound. I am commanded to love him and my neighbor.

“Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets (Matthew 22:36-40 KJV).”

His love never fails; he’s forever faithful.

I confess my weakness; my faith falters. The flame of love flickers; I need times of rededication and renewal. Does he reject me? No; with outstretched arms, he welcomes me home.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print