LONELY PEOPLE
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: It was the dawning of a new day as I basked in the warmth of the rising sun. I was sitting outside my home when my eyes caught a tiny movement in the ground beneath me. It staggered along like it had too much to drink. A closer inspection revealed it to be a tiny ant carrying a burden that weighed 10-50 times its body weight. It struggled along a trail leading to an ant hill that seemed to be 200 miles away. That burden it carried would be equivilant to a 100 lb. human carrying a 1,000 lb. boulder on it's head. I was mesmerized by this poor little creature and it's quest. In an ant colony there would be one Queen whose eggs hatch out into thousands of worker ants all working together, each having their own jobs to do.


I thought to myself, why can't the churches work together like the ants with one purpose in mind...building the church (body of Christ) up to a point of maturity where we all believe alike about Jesus and have our particular jobs to do. Most established churches today operate like a business, each with their own labels and no interaction between them as one body of Christ. I equate it to a priceless vase falling off a mantel and breaking into a thousand pieces. The body of Christ, the true Church, has been broken up like this vase into it's own assemblys that never interact with each other. A sad state of affairs for Christians throughout the world.
There's allot of lonely people out there who find themselves on an island of isolation seperated by demoninational titles. Yes, they attend a church of their choice fulfilling their weekly obligation but return home still feeling alone. This happens often in large, established churches. Christians are made to socialize and interact with each other. We are to use our spiritual gifts to build up the body of Christ to a point of maturity. But that doesn't happen in today's world. Many have a problem even understanding what their spiritual gifts are that were imparted to them at the time of Salvation.
Jesus is our role model and we are to strive to be like him in our actions....where we go, how we speak and what we do for others. As the Word says we have allot to learn from that insignificant little creature called the ant. What the world needs now is for believers to wake up out of their comfort zone through a universal spiritual revival that would bring us together under one banner called the 'true church' the body of Christ and it would give us an idea how those little ants are one in purpose.


Prayer: Father God, forgive me for my complacency in the true purpose of the 'church'. Weve all strayed and went our own way splintering your body into many pieces like that broken vase. Revive our hearts God and perhaps you can put the pieces together again so we can be a strong and healthy body of believers working toward that goal to be more and more like Jesus in our daily living.
Prov. 6:6-9 "Take a lesson from the ants, you lazy fellow. Learn from their ways and be wise! For though they have no King to make them work, yet they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. But you--all you do is sleep. When will you wake up?"



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print