My Carrier
by PamFord Davis

Infant carriers have improved greatly over the years.

I’ve always been impressed with the way Native American Indian women carried their babies upon their backs. After birth, both of our children sat in infant carriers for the first several months. When strapped in, at eye level on our table or counter, they watched me do housework. Though often contented, they preferred that I hold them and carry them.

It became harder to carry them as they grew, especially our son. He was heavy. If holding him for a long time, my arms would ache and tremble. I wonder how soldiers carry wounded buddies away from war zones. They make a great sacrifice. Their service reminds me of the LORD’s love. He is my carrier.

“The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place (Deuteronomy 1:30-31 NASB).”

The LORD God carried His people; He knew their burdens were heavy. The Father cared that much.

He cares for you; He cares for me.

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:6-7 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print