The Devil Delights
by PamFord Davis

Discouraged, distraught, distressed, disquieted, depressed, despair, downhearted…

Ever wonder why these negative emotions all begin with the letter D?

The ‘devil’ delights in them. He robs us of our joy.

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10a KJV).”

Resist him!

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7 KJV).”

As believers, we shouldn’t be discouraged; when we are, guilt overwhelms us.

Resist the devil!

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1 KJV).”

The Holy Spirit brings hope to the hopeless.

“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God (Psalm 42:11 KJV).”

Jesus gives us His joy.

“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you (John 15:10-12 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print