Paper Trail
by PamFord Davis

While in the waiting room at my doctor’s office, something caught my eye. I was seated directly in front of the receptionist’s window. Behind her, I saw row after row of patient’s medical files. Mine was in the mix. We have a paper trail.

Sadly, politicians use paper trails in an attempt to ruin the reputations of their opponents. They also use sound bites and video clips. They are counting on the ‘seeing is believing’ tactic. God sees and knows all. The LORD reads us like a book. He writes the book!

“For it was You who created my inward parts;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You
because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful,
and I know this very well.
My bones were not hidden from You
when I was made in secret,
when I was formed in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw me when I was formless;
all my days were written in Your book and planned
before a single one of them began (Psalm 139:13-16 HCSB).” 

He saw us even before our mother and father.

Do I have a paper trail? I guess we all do. My birth certificate was the first official document. I have a social security card, marriage license, driver’s license and a Medicare card. All are important; none compare to being included in the book of life.

“However, don’t rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven (Luke 10:20 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print