English Vernacular
by PamFord Davis

I’m coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose. In English vernacular, I’m suffering with the common cold. Though, I might think I have an unusual case; I don’t. As that is the case, I am taking the common approach.

I am trying to rest; (though difficult due to coughing) drinking lots of fluids and will savor chicken noodle soup. I made a run to a dollar store for a box of facial tissue, cold medicine, cough drops and vaporizing rub.

I’ll ride out the common cold.

The early church faced persecution; yet, they shared a common faith.

“And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them (Acts 4:32 NASB).” 

Though believers of today deal with common temptations; they find strength in a common faith.

“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it (1 Corinthians 10:13 NASB)."



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print