Everything In It's Time, China
by Rik Charbonneaux

Everything In It's Time, China

Between building churches in Africa while destroying churches and shrines at home and printing more bibles than ever before, most people scratch their heads over these conflicting agendas of the People's Republic of China.

China has made great inroads into the economies of African countries and of the Middle East by being able to build almost any large development cheaper than western companies. Although once an unwelcome player in these areas, Chinese builders and developers have been the "go to" since 2009 for building anything from factories to churches or even entire communities.

China is building churches in record numbers in Africa, while at home they are demolishing religious shrines and churches, also in record numbers. Seemingly gone are the days of the eras of Presidents Jiang Zemin and Hu Jinta trying to making a show of "tolerating" Christian house churches to appease China's western trading partners. Under current President Xi Jinping, the God-fearing are to attend one of the government's 57,000 Three Self Church locations, while a much more forceful no-toleration policy for Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and Taoists is now being carried out to booster national patriotism and unify the people to the atheist ideals of the Communist Party.*

Aside from China's building up and tearing down religious buildings, they also host the world's largest printer of bibles in the world: the Nanjing Amity Printing Company of Nanjing, Jiangsu Province.** With their bibles having been sent to more than 70 countries and in 80 different languages, this aspect of China's influence being felt worldwide has some of us scratching our heads and wondering what happened to the stalwart party quote of Karl Marx's "Religion is the Opium of the People". I guess that profits sometimes dictate tolerance.

*UK Daily Mail - China orders crackdown on large outdoor religious statues 26 May 2018

**China.Org,CN - Where is the world's largest Bible printer?

 



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print