The Mining Process
by PamFord Davis

I remember…

I have not forgotten…

My friend was grieving a great personal loss.

She had not experienced a death in her family; in reality, that may have been easier to bear.

In her darkness and despair, she shared a pertinent scripture passage.

I have not forgotten.

“I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden wealth of secret places,
So that you may know that it is I,
The Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name (Isaiah 45:3 NASB).”

The LORD gave her the treasures of darkness.

Fine cut diamonds are great treasures; jewelers often display them against black velvet. The customer is captivated by the light of the diamonds. They sparkle in the midst of darkness. 

When in emotional darkness, we see the LORD as the light of the world.

We see Him as the light of ‘our world.’

He reveals hidden wealth in secret places; treasures are unearthed through the mining of His word. The Father reveals the greatest wealth; He reveals Himself as LORD. God tenderly calls us by name. He compels us to come out of the darkness.

“Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life (John 8:12 NASB).” 

My friend?

She is living in the light!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print