Stake Your Claim
by PamFord Davis

“There’s gold in them thar hills!” (M.F. Stephenson)

Imagine the thrill of discovering gold nuggets. You’d stake your claim right away.

As Christ followers, we claim God’s promises. Each promise of salvation is a ‘gospel nugget.’

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 NKJV).”

Jesus offers eternal life.

“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live (John 11:25 NKJV).”

Receive His gift of life…

“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name (John 1:12 NKJV).”

His name, the name of Jesus…

“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12 NKJV).”

Jesus came to seek and save the lost.

“… for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:10 NKJV).”

Eureka; I’ve found gospel nuggets!

“Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print