The Toy Box
by PamFord Davis

 
 

Retailer Toys “R” Us has been closing many of its stores.

What will we do?

We do like our toys; don’t we?

As a Baby Boomer, I have memories of favorite toys from my childhood. Baby dolls top the list; yet, there were other favorites. I played with paper dolls; Ball and Jacks, Pick-up sticks, Slinky and board games. Of course, I rode a bicycle. Adults have favorite toys too. I don’t know who coined the phrase ‘Big Boy Toys’ but they nailed it.

Are we ever really satisfied with our toys?

How big is your toy box?

“Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And delight yourself in abundance (Isaiah 55:2 NASB).”

Jesus promises the abundant life.

“The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly (John 10:10 NASB).”

Life abundantly? How can we nail that down?

He did not promise monetary wealth. Big boys may not get all the toys.

We get bored with old toys. We’re always looking for something new. (Merchants are counting on that.) Real satisfaction is not found in owning something new; instead we need to be made new.

“Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come (2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print