Smiley
by PamFord Davis

Maybe you’re familiar with a popular children’s chorus; it’s titled ‘If You’re Happy and You Know It.’ The lyrics contain good advice; we should smile more. We have so many reasons to be happy. Consider the importance of a smile.

When someone smiles at us…

They are giving a smile away; we receive it. With reciprocal action, we give one back to them. The popular Smiley faces make good reminders!

“A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance (Proverbs 15:13a KJV).”

Harvey Ball designed the popular Smiley (face) symbol in 1963. Smiley faces are seen and exchanged throughout the globe. I’ve seen and shared them in emails, social media and greeting cards. They’re even displayed on clothing. Ball turned a smile into a lucrative business.

How can I profit from smiling?

First, I must make an investment. I need to make regular deposits of the Lord’s word and His gift of joy into my heart.

“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11 KJV).”

I have committed my life to Jesus, He abides in me. My Savior is filling me with His joy. When given opportunities to smile, I can make withdrawals from the joy that He has given. I want to do my part in keeping smiles in circulation.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print