Is it Heart Failure?
by PamFord Davis

Mom's death certificate listed cancer as cause of death. She had undergone surgery for lung cancer about a month before she died. Other serious health issues troubled her too. She was under the care of a cardiologist for heart failure and was a diabetic. I suspect heart failure took my mother’s life.

She experienced conflict and it may have triggered a heart attack.

Physicians believe that we can strengthen our physical hearts through stress reduction, a proper diet, exercise and rest. The LORD God strengthens ‘spiritual’ hearts.

Psalm writer, King David, admitted his weakness. He would have fainted, lost heart and hope without his personal faith in the LORD. He had placed his trust, his enduring confidence in the goodness of God.

“I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord (Psalm 27:13-14 KJV).”

Who was David talking to?  To you, to me: to my heart?

He said to wait on the LORD. I’d be wise to hear and heed his advice.

Yet, David might have been talking to himself…

If so, he was fighting off personal discouragement. David found hope and courage in the knowledge of the LORD’s mercy.

In faith, he believed that God strengthens the hearts of those who will trust and obey.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print