Could Be
by PamFord Davis

Make a guess. What would you name as man’s biggest fear? It might be the fear of rejection. Knowing he had sinned, the first man and his mate went into hiding. Did Adam fear God’s rejection? Could be. Adam & Eve hid from their Creator.

It is the first recorded case of self-imposed isolation. Both were keenly aware of their guilt and may have expected God’s rejection. Children, teens and adults have one thing in common. We all tend to fear rejection.

Most children want to please their parents and teachers… Many teenagers try to please their peers. Without a doubt employees hope to please their bosses. People fear rejection.

Before sinning, Adam and God had togetherness. They walked in the Garden of Eden. No longer would Adam be afforded such intimate strolls. God sent the first couple out of Eden; yet, in mercy He would meet man’s deepest need of salvation.  

The LORD offers reconciliation. He does not reject His children.

“… for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,’ so that we confidently say,

‘The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
What will man do to me (Hebrews 13:5b-6 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print