Our Retirement Years
by PamFord Davis

Are you looking forward to retirement?

Maybe, like me; you are already in your retirement years. To be honest, I’m beginning to think that retirement (like age) is a state of mind. Though officially retired I continue to work. I’m just not clocking in or on a payroll.

V for volunteer!

“Now behold, the Lord has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that the Lord spoke this word to Moses, when Israel walked in the wilderness; and now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in (Joshua 14:10-11 NASB).”

Whether we're coming or going… retirement is not boring.

I see my retirement through eyes of faith.

“… for we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7 NASB)."

‘We’ll work till’ Jesus comes’ [Hymn by Elizabeth K. Mills-1837]

“Working for the Lord doesn’t pay much, but the retirement is out of this word.” [Anonymous]

I have the above quote on a small plaque. I received it as a gift from my oldest sister Donna and I cherish it. Absent from the body; Donna is receiving her rewards.

“… we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8 NASB).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print