So Be It
by PamFord Davis

The man was leaning on a crutch.

It immediately caught my attention. He was one of many in a group picture and yet he alone stood out. I wondered why he needed a crutch. Had the acquaintance been injured? Maybe he recently had surgery. Whatever the reason, he needed the support of a crutch.

Crutches vary. Some crutches are drugs or alcohol. Many women prop up their low self-esteem with eating disorders. It’s easy to lose our balance; we sense that we’re in danger of falling.

Some think of Christians as weak; as people using faith for a crutch.

God is there to support me. I can lean on Him. People may perceive that my needing Jesus is a sign of weakness. So be it. His strength is perfected in weakness.

“And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NASB).”

The LORD holds me by His hand.

If I slip…

If I fall, He will lift me up.

My crutch is constructed from a wooden cross.

“For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print