At the Threshold
by PamFord Davis

Does your church have greeters? Many do; those who serve in that capacity fulfill a needed ministry. Greeters meet people at entrances to the sanctuary, making both guests and members alike feel welcome. Smiles and handshakes are mandatory for those who take on the role of a greeter. My mind takes me back to the mid 1980’s and the First Baptist Church of DeFuniak Springs, FL. 

As a member, I regularly ascended a series of outside steps. Preparing to enter the sanctuary for worship services, I continued my climb to the top. There, I looked into the face of faithful greeter Mrs. Ella Wennerberg.

So long ago…

Yet, I think of her warm welcome as I consider the perfect role model for church greeter. I wonder if anyone kept count of the number of years that Ella Wennerberg stood at the front door threshold.

“For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.
I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:10-11 NASB).”

Mrs. Ella Wennerberg walked uprightly; yes, Ella walked with God.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print