The Morning After
by PamFord Davis

It’s the morning after.

If thinking the morning after a night of partying; you’re right. It’s the morning after election results in the U.S.A. While some candidates celebrated wins, others threw pity parties.

Politics and election results are being discussed by peons-to-pundits. We might even repeat the latest commentator's rhetoric. Our candidates or political party may have gone down in defeat. In America, disgruntled citizens are free to complain if we suspect ‘corruption’ in government.

Discontented voters point accusing fingers at leaders. Crying corruption they seek accountability and verification of election results. They may even demand a re-count. Was there tampering? Corruption is nothing new. Solomon was right on target.

"If you see oppression of the poor and perversion of justice and righteousness in the province, don't be astonished at the situation, because one official protects another official, and higher officials [protect] them (Ecclesiastes 5:8 HCSB)."

So, I should not be surprised if I see or hear of corruption in government. Appalled, yes but surprised, no.

Want to know the plain truth?

I should pray.

“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence (1Timothy 2:1-2 NKJV)."  



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print