How Sweet It Is!
by PamFord Davis

‘How sweet it is!’

Remember who made that phrase memorable?

If you answered Jackie Gleason, you’d be right.

How good it is!

“A man takes joy in giving an answer;
and a timely word—how good that is (Proverbs 15:23 HCSB)!”

Our words can be good; we can be sweet and sincere. In general, people have trouble taming their tongues; we sometimes spout bitterness.

“Every sea creature, reptile, bird, or animal is tamed and has been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. We praise our Lord and Father with it, and we curse men who are made in God’s likeness with it. Praising and cursing come out of the same mouth. My brothers, these things should not be this way. Does a spring pour out sweet and bitter water from the same opening (James 3:7-11 HCSB)?”

How sweet it is!

I hope that is true…

“No foul language is to come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need, so that it gives grace to those who hear. And don’t grieve God’s Holy Spirit. You were sealed by Him for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:29-30 HCSB).”

There will be a day of reckoning.

“I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak (Matthew 12:36 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print