YOU WERE THERE
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: When I took that first breath outside my warm, safe place "you were there."


You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion! You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your Book! Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about (Psalms 138:13-18).


Many years have passed in my life since that day and as I reflect back there is a feeling of remorse. Little did I realize how many times Lord, you have intervened with your hand of grace and mercy to rescue me out of despair. I recall the time you provided for the life saving policeman who just happened to be in the right place to resuscitate our 18 month old son who had stopped breathing. This was not by chance. I also remember the near death experience with our daughter who collapsed in my arms...you were there. Your hand was in the over 18 times my husband was rescued through life threatening situations, you were there. In our 58 years of marriage you helped us through the rocky times giving us patience, wisdom and strength and an extra portion of love for each other.


I see your hand in the beautiful sunrises and sunsets were blessed to view from our window in our country home. Your hand of creation is all around us in the wild life and beautiful Rocky Mountain range we witness every day.
I know this is a late thank you for all that you have done for us in the past but in the future I promise to be more aware of your presence in our every day lives. I can always count on you being there for me no matter what the circumstance. With a grateful, undeserving heart once again I say "thank you."


Prayer: Father God, we should not pick just one day out of the year to be thankful for all you do for us every day. Help me to be more aware of your presence in my life and know without a doubt that I am loved. Amen


Verse: Psalms 139:17-18 "How precious it is Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can't even even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me !"



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print